Lean Construction Institute (LCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1997. The Institute operates as a catalyst to transform the industry through Lean project delivery using an operating system centered on a common language, fundamental principles, and basic practices.
Transform the Design and Construction Industry supply chain to provide value and enable other industries through Lean and integrated approaches.
Increase owner and construction supply chain satisfaction with design and construction delivery.
- Deliver Standard Building Blocks for Lean and Integrated Delivery
- Create Construction Industry Demand & Capacity for Lean & Integrated Approaches
- Achieve Customer Value while Eliminating Waste throughout Project Life Cycle
- Achieve Supply Chain Partner Value while Eliminating Waste throughout Project Life Cycle
- Create a Vibrant Learning Environment across the Country to share Best Practices
This event is a case study presentation with an optional walking tour of the building, following the presentation. The presentation will include the Lean Thinking that went into the approach to building the high rise SkyHouse projects, and the implementation of Lean Construction tools in executing the eleven projects to date. We plan to show the evolution in using Lean Construction tools in their jobsite planning meetings. We wiill disucuss major project challenges and lessons learned.
Though he began his lean journey at General Electric, Mr. Byrne is most recognizable for the lean implementation he led as CEO of Wiremold. He has since led lean transformations in over 30 companies as CEO through his work as Operating Partner with J.W.Childs Associates, L.P., which he chronicles in The Lean Turnaround. In addition to providing a repeatable implementation methodology, The Lean Turnaround highlights the role of the leader and the fact that a lean strategy can be used to turn around any type of company.