A Lean Interest Group is a special designation for an area where individuals have expressed a desire to form a LCI Community of Practice (CoP). At the local level, a group of individuals forms to host initial events independent of LCI to gauge the interest in a specific area with the goal of applying to become a sanctioned CoP in the coming months. The leader for the group collaborates with LCI’s Manager of CoP Relations through periodic conference calls for guidance and best practices and to provide ongoing feedback on progress.
If you are located in an area where a Lean Interest Group has developed and are interested in learning more, please contact the group directly.
The Houston Lean Interest Group held its kickoff event in January, 2019. For more information on upcoming events please contact Brian Bowden at BBowden@dunawayassociates.com.
The Omaha Lean Interest Group is currently engaging in formation discussions for next steps. The learn more about their goals or to become involved please contact Chris Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING National LCI Events
This Introduction to Lean Project Delivery webinar will introduce Lean as relative to the design and construction industry. Participants will learn why Lean matters for their projects and why they should care. They will be introduced to the key principles and wastes that are foundational to Lean.
During this presentation, participants will learn to:
- Define Lean and the principles associated with a Lean operating system
- Identify the principles and tools relevant to Lean design and construction processes
- Recognize various types of waste in design and construction and apply tools to reduce, minimize and/or eliminate waste.
As project teams look to advance improvements to workflow, implementing 5S as a core Lean method leads to better efficiency by keeping the jobsite organized, clean, safe and productive. By participating the 5S In Construction webinar, you will discover the 5S steps as primarily appropriate to the field. Real-project examples support implementing 5S on your projects.
- Understand and be able to identify the 5Ss supported by examples shared in the course.
- Understand how to implement key Lean approaches to support sustaining 5S on a jobsite.
- Identify areas in your work that would benefit from 5S application.
- Discover ways to build consensus and support for 5S with your team.
LCI COmmunity of Practice Event
Subscribe to filtered calendar