“Projects flow at the rate of Owner’s decisions.” Learn how the University of Chicago Medical, Advocate-Aurora, Gilbane, Mortenson, Indiana University Health, Kaiser Permanente, Whiting-Turner, and others reacted to this universal truth. Sessions with these integrated project delivery teams have validated the Visual Decision Plotter® (VDP) as a lean-anchored counter-measure with immediate and durable results. See how executive sponsors are revealed clear decision options to enable fully-informed and expedited decision-making. Understand how Owner confidence for the options chosen is enhanced while plaguing wastes from waiting and re-work are reduced. Hands-On exercises in an easy-to-adopt DIGITAL platform reveals how the VDP harvests valuable contributions from a broad spectrum of facility users, stakeholders and IPD team members. Learn how the Visual Decision Plotter®, a framework designed by and for lean design & construction, serves to engage all voices. See how VDP aids consensus and simplified deciding with clear illustration of the value being accrued to the customer for each option being considered.
We Sharpen Thinking:
- Visual Management with Cues and Road Maps to Reveal Value & Importance to Customer;
- Soundly Evaluate and Account for Cost Differences ;
- Illustrate the Accrued Value Gained for Each Option;
- Broad spectrum of Stakeholders engage. Valuable insight is harvested to enhance relevant facts. We Simplify & Expedite Deciding:
- Reduces Waiting and Wastes (Our #1 Nemesis) ;
- Clear, Concise and Relevant Facts Presented to Owners;
- Informed & Timely Decisions Result;
- Standardized Work Process to Yield Durable Outcomes.
- Larry Kavanagh – Director of Operational Excellence, Unified Works. Born into the construction business in Chicago to a Carpenter turned Superintendent turned General Contractor turned Developer, Larry’s earliest work experiences and work ethic were established laboring on job site crews. “To this day, my most proficient tools are shovel and broom”, says Larry. Professional roles beyond construction spanning 20+ years arms Larry with a deep understanding to leverage cloud-based digital technology, optimize team engagement and supply chains, and generate senior-level strategic planning. Utilizing continuous improvement disciplines and A3 Thinking, Larry led the work to collaborate with dozens of design and construction colleagues to develop the Visual Decision Plotter® – a proven lean counter-measure to a long-term plague of waiting on decisions, and uncertainties in deciding. Encouraged by breakthrough results realized with Lean methods, Larry coaches Design and Construction Project Teams and Owners to learn and implement lean principles to optimize the whole – i.e. Value Stream Mapping & Waste Reduction, A3 Thinking to Problem Solve, Decision-making, and beyond. As lean-learners and lean-instructors since 2001, and decades in-the-trenches, Unified Works brings a unique breadth of skills and perspective to do the right work right – the first time.