1400 North 14th Street, 12th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
LCI New Orleans Community of Practice
The Last Planner® System Workshop: Introduction, Training and Simulations
“Event Sponsored by Tulane University”
Join the New Orleans LCI Community of Practice and Christian Pikel, an expert in IPD and lean design and construction, for a full-day training session on Pull Planning and the Last Planner® System. This workshop will cover introductory level information, simulations and hands-on practical training to give you the knowledge to successfully start implementing the Last Planner® System at any phase of the building project with your project team or within your firm.
This program is intended for individuals who have some basic understanding of lean design and construction principles and who would like to learn more specifically about the Last Planner® System and the pull planning process.
The Last Planner® System, one of the hallmark collaborative planning tools supporting lean design/construction projects, has been shown to streamline the collaborative scheduling process, increase plan reliability and productivity throughout multiple disciplines and provide a common platform for continuous improvement of the planning process. Understanding of the Last Planner® System is invaluable to firms and individuals progressing on their lean journey.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Gain an understanding of each of the elements of Last Planner® System, how they are connected and how they support Lean Construction principles.
• Discover how planning reliability connects to project success and how increased reliability is supported by Last Planner® System.
• Understand how LPS supports collaborative planning, tactical production management and continuous learning.
• Gain hands on experience of applying each element of LPS using a simulation project.
• Understand the importance of data tracking, metrics and visual management to realize the benefits of LPS.
Christian Pikel – The ReAlignment Group – Christian Pikel, managing principal and senior coach with The ReAlignment Group, brings a unique insight and novel approach to lean/IPD coaching for teams and organizations, defined by a diverse career spanning two decades in the design and construction industry as design/build trade manager, preconstruction and project developer and serial builder owner. Christian has experience with over 30 Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) projects in roles of collaborator, leader and coach.
(Read Christian Pikel’s full bio – Christian Pikel – Bio -TRG Website)
Member Rate: $130.00
Non-Member Rate: $180.00
Pastries and coffee will be provided in the morning.
Lunch will also be provided
Parking will be provided at the nearby Lot J for the Convention Center. Parking passes will be sent by email after registering.