1400 North 14th Street, 12th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
LCI Upper Midwest Community of Practice
Intro to Lean in Design – Construction Phase
Sometimes the choices we make as Designers can impact outcomes on our projects in ways we never intended! If we would have known, we may have made a different choice.
Join us as we explore an introductory look at the basics of Lean and the Designer’s role in Lean Construction during the construction phase of a project. There will be a mix of presentations, a sprinkling of theory, hands-on simulation, and group discussions. If you have not had an opportunity to participate in a “Lean” simulation before, this is a great opportunity to try one!
1. Become familiar with the basics of Lean Principles and Lean vocabulary
2. Get a view into the current practices of Lean on projects in our market
3. Develop a basic understanding of flow and variation – including impacts of variation and methods for reducing variation
4. Hear ideas to improve workflow during construction phase.
5. Identify some next steps in your Lean learning path.
Terri Erickson, PE SE MEM – Kata Consulting – Terri is the managing principal of Kata Consulting, a firm that is dedicated to improving the delivery process of construction projects and the teams who deliver them using Lean and continuous improvement thinking. Terri brings 25 years of experience in the industry working as a structural engineering manager, quality manager, and design engineer. She has been implementing Lean initiatives and management strategies for over 8 years, and is an active member of LCI and the Upper Midwest CoP.
Snacks and Drinks will be provided