1400 North 14th Street, 12th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
LCI Central Indiana Community of Practice
A Lean Coffee – Respect for People (from the book Transforming Design & Construction: A Framework for Change – Chapter 8 & 21)
Join us for a Lean Coffee to learn and support each other in our Lean endeavors! Take part in an open conversation in a safe, small and low-pressure environment about the topics that are relevant to our Lean community. We want to hear about the problems you are solving, the issues you want to solve, and lessons you’ve learned on your Lean Journey. No previous Lean experience is required.
Participants from cross functional roles as designers, constructors, owners, trades partners, and associations propose discussion topics around any subject about which they want to learn – THERE ARE NO IRRELEVANT DISCUSSION TOPICS! Each proposer takes 15 to 30 seconds to pitch their topic, written on a sticky note, to the group. Once all topics have been pitched, voting begins to establish a priority for discussing the topics. Topics are then ordered from highest to lowest votes and examined accordingly. Participants will receive 8 minutes of time to discuss the topic. After 8 minutes there will be a ‘thumbs up/ thumbs down’ to decide whether or not the discussion should continue. Thumbs up equals 4 more minutes on the clock. This happens until it is agreed that the topic has been discussed to satisfaction. Takeaways are considered and then the topic with the next largest amount of votes is addressed. Come as you are and be ready to learn.
Our agenda will be as follows:
– Introductions (5 min)
– Study Action Team Topic Discussion (10-15 minutes) – use the chapter from the book, attach to meeting invite
– Lean Coffee Topic Questions (50 minutes) – questions based on topic, last 10 minutes is open discussion
– Share examples – If topic is about onboarding, do you have a good example to share of an onboarding document or process, or if the topic is team selection, do you have a good trade partner RFP to share?
– Networking Activity (15 minutes) – if we are at a jobsite or trade partner’s office it might be good to see something, otherwise we can plan an activity that gets us up and moving or at least talking to other people. Depending on the topic it could be a short simulation that relates.
– Plus/Delta (5 minutes tops) – what’s working/what do we need to change
Recommended Reading –
Attendance is free of charge.
Coffee and Light Breakfast will be provided by Pepper Construction