February 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
707 7th St NW
DC 20001-3715 US
National Capital Region Community of Practice
2017 Season Kickoff
February 22, 2017
Time: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Location: Clyde’s of Gallery Place
707 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Are you frustrated by the way you currently design and build capital projects? Would you be interested in discovering ways to deliver every project on time and under budget? Did you know that the Lean Construction Institute has recently sponsored two separate research studies to explore how and why projects excel? Join us to find out why owners, architects, engineers, and constructors are getting lean.
In addition to casual networking, food, and drink, we will have a short program including:
- A look ahead at our LCI NCR schedule for 2017, highlighting our upcoming events.
- The results of LCI’s two sponsored studies. Through a benchmarking survey and case studies the researchers collectively examined 172 projects across the country to learn why some projects excel, the impact of Lean, and how teams are successfully implementing Lean methods. Empirical evidence now shows that projects with high Lean intensity are three times more likely to complete ahead of schedule and two times more likely to complete under budget.
- The business case for lean from an owner’s perspective. Christian Pikel of Universal Health Services (UHS) will talk about his company’s lean journey and the advantages gained by using Integrated Lean Project Delivery.
- Peter Ukstins, who serves as Director of Integrated Construction for Davis Construction and Chair of the National Capital Region Community of Practice, will highlight our upcoming season of events.
- Bevan Mace, Vice President of National Operations and Lean for Balfour Beatty, will discuss the two recent research studies sponsored by LCI. The studies explore how and why projects excel. Empirical evidence now shows that projects with high lean intensity are likely to complete ahead of schedule and two times more likely to complete under budget.
- Christian Pikel, a Regional Project Manager for UHS, has gained extensive lean experience while completing numerous ILPD projects around the country. He will briefly discuss the conclusions drawn from the LCI research studies from an owner’s perspective and will share his own personal experiences surrounding the advantages gained when using ILPD.
Registration Rate: $75.00 – Final date to register is February 17, 2017
Parking Information: Adjacent to the Verizon Center, Clyde’s of Gallery Place is conveniently located just steps away from the Gallery Place / Chinatown metro station and two blocks away from Metro Center. There are also numerous parking garages near the venue.
Beer and wine open bar will be provided for the duration of the event. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served from 6:00-8:00pm.